BASIS Independent Schools, part of the nationally-ranked, world-acclaimed BASIS Curriculum Schools network, offers two campuses for families in the New York region: BASIS Independent Brooklyn (PreK-12) and BASIS Independent Manhattan (PreK-8). Both share the same educational philosophy and curriculum that has been setting a new global education standard since 1998.
What makes BASIS Independent Schools different?
Our celebrated academic program rests on three pillars:
- An advanced liberal arts and sciences curriculum
- Our PreK-12 program provides a well-rounded curriculum that educates students to the highest international standards and is benchmarked to the highest performing education systems in the world.
- Passionate, Expert Teachers
- Our knowledgeable subject experts and learning experts believe that with the right support and encouragement, any motivated child can achieve academic excellence.
- A Joyful Learning Culture
- Our culture is one where hard work is celebrated and intellectual pursuits result in extraordinary outcomes.
[My school] offers me challenge and the opportunity to express myself how I want. I’ve done Model U.N., been on the basketball team, I’ve been in student leadership making events for the school…there are many more opportunities here than just our rigorous academic curriculum.Devon B.Class of 2019, BASIS Independent Brooklyn
I think that everything this school has to offer is perfect for my kid. I think it’s a school for everybody.SarahBASIS Independent Brooklyn Parent
I truly believe this has become a small world. Everyone has become a global citizen… I want them to be ready, internationally, and this school offers that.Aseem D.BASIS Independent Manhattan Parent
PreK-8 on the Upper West Side
BASIS Independent Manhattan is a vibrant school community where students are educated to the highest international settings in a PreK-8 setting.
PreK-12 in Red Hook
BASIS Independent Brooklyn, opened in fall 2014, was one of our flagship campuses and now sits among the largest independent schools in Brooklyn.