BASIS Independent Schools, part of the nationally-ranked, world-acclaimed BASIS Curriculum Schools network, offers two campuses for families in the Bay Area: BASIS Independent Fremont (Transitional Kindergarten-grade 8) and BASIS Independent Silicon Valley (grades 5-12). Both share the same educational philosophy and curriculum that has been setting a new global education standard since 1998.
What makes BASIS Independent Schools different?
Our celebrated academic program rests on three pillars:
- An advanced liberal arts and sciences curriculum
- Our program provides a well-rounded curriculum that educates students to the highest international standards and is benchmarked to the highest performing education systems in the world.
- Passionate, Expert Teachers
- Our knowledgeable subject experts and learning experts believe that with the right support and encouragement, any motivated child can achieve academic excellence.
- A Joyful Learning Culture
- Our culture is one where hard work is celebrated and intellectual pursuits result in extraordinary outcomes.
My school is way better because of the way the teachers are and their style of teaching.AnjaliGrade 5, BASIS Independent Fremont
I want to pursue chemistry as an occupation because of the classes at BASIS Independent Silicon Valley.Ellen L.Class of 2020, BASIS Independent Silicon Valley
All the classes do integrate; there’s tools from one thing that lend to another. One of the things that sold me was the whole curriculum during the information session. Students talk about a topic, discuss, they write about it.LisaParent, BASIS Independent Fremont
Every year [our son] gets a favorite teacher and that becomes his favorite subject and he suddenly excels in that subject and its amazing how the teachers can turn him onto something that he never really considered as interesting before. I would definitely say that is the single factor why we are here. The quality of the teachers is phenomenal.The BakersBASIS Independent Silicon Valley Parents
Transitional Kindergarten-Grade 8
BASIS Independent Fremont is a vibrant school community where students are educated to the highest international settings in a TK-8 setting.
Grades 5-12 in San Jose
BASIS Independent Silicon Valley, opened in fall 2014, was one of our flagship campuses and has grown to become of the top performing private schools in the Bay Area.